Large-diameter spears have 20% more sugars and emerge later than green varieties, protecting them from early frost damage. Mild flavor and low fiber content with a creamy green, tender interior make Purple Passion a chef’s favorite. Spears turn green when cooked. Cut before spear exceeds 5″.
ASPARAGUS PURPLE PASSION
$14.99 – $24.99
Asparagus short supply do not wait until May this year!!
- Purple asparagus is sweeter because it has about 20 percent more sugar in its stalks.
- Stalks are purple on the outside, the interior of the asparagus is the same as a green spear.
- Purple asparagus contains anthocyanins, which are antioxidants.
- Purple asparagus has less lignin per spear which makes the spears less stringy when eaten
- When cooked the asparagus turns green